30-Minute Kale Meatballs
This recipe combines the comfort of spaghetti and meatballs with the health benefits of dark leafy greens. Plus, it's ready in half an hour!
Servings: 4 servings
Cost: $1.55 per serving
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cups kale roughly chopped and tightly packed
- ¼ cup parsley leaves tightly packed
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
Preheat the oven to 375° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add the kale and parsley to the food processor and grind into very small pieces. Aim for small specks, but don't go so far as to purée the greens.
Mix together all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Roll into 1½-inch balls. Place the meatballs, evenly spaced, on the lined baking sheet.
Bake the meatballs for 20 to 25 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center.
Serve with spaghetti and tomato sauce. Top with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese.
- If you don't have a food processor, you can finely chop the kale and parsley.
- You can make your own Homemade Bread Crumbs for this recipe!