Orange Chicken Tacos with Jalapeño Corn Salsa
Orange Chicken Tacos with Jalapeño Corn Salsa! Shredded chicken marinated in orange juice, a zesty jalapeño corn salsa, crunchy radishes, and sour cream all tucked in a flour tortilla. YES PLEASE!
Servings: 4 servings
Cost: $8.87 per recipe / $2.22 per serving
For the orange chicken marinade:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice about 1½ oranges
- ¼ cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
For the jalapeño corn salsa:
- 2 cups corn frozen or canned
- 2 medium avocados chopped
- 1 jalapeño finely diced; use ½ jalapeño or remove seeds to reduce spiciness if desired
- ⅓ cup cilantro chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 bunch radishes thinly sliced
- pinch of salt for the radishes
- 8 6-inch tortillas
- sour cream for serving
Marinate the chicken
Whisk together all marinade ingredients. Pour marinade over chicken in a bowl or airtight container, ensuring that it's fully submerged.
Marinate the chicken for 2 hours before cooking.
Cook the chicken
Preheat the oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Bake the chicken on the baking sheet for 20 minutes or until an internal thermometer reads 165° F.
While the chicken cooks, transfer the marinade to a small saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium-low heat.
Remove the chicken from the oven and shred it with two forks.
Bring a frying pan to high heat on the stove. Once the pan is hot, add 3 tablespoons of the reserved marinade. Sear the shredded chicken in the frying pan for 2-3 minutes or until it develops brown, caramelized bits. (You could skip this step if you're pressed for time, but it really ramps up the taste.)
Spoon a little extra marinade over the chicken before serving.
Make the jalapeño corn salsa
While the chicken is cooking, finely dice the jalapeño, then chop the avocados and cilantro.
In a medium bowl, stir together jalapeño, avocados, corn, cilantro, and lime juice.
Finely slice the radishes and lay them in a single layer on a plate. A few minutes before serving, sprinkle them with a pinch of salt.
- Grilling the chicken rather than baking it would add tons of flavor! I just don't have a grill, but if you do you should definitely go for it.
- Try using Homemade Flour Tortillas.